Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Working mom = Tired mom

I've been back at work for almost a week and a half now, and I am tired! I feel like all I do is run, run, run! I get up and rush to get ready, out the door by 4:45am, try to get everything done at work so when my relief comes I can get out of there as fast as I can to race to Yvonne's to get Owen, and may I mention that it always seems like I hit EVERY red light on the way there! Once I get Owen and get home he usually takes a nap so while he's napping I rush around the house picking up and cleaning whatever I can and work on the laundry too. After nap its time to start supper while entertaining a 3 month old, he usually sits on the counter in his bouncy and "helps" me cook. And did I mention that since Owen is at Yvonne's for part of the day and not with me, when I do have him I feel like I need to make up for lost time and give him my undivided attention. So needless to say I am wearing down fast! I'm just hoping once we get into the swing of things it won't feel like such a rush all the time. Next week my schedule will change and I'll be on the evening shift so I'll get to figure out how to get all that needs to be done actually done again! I told Jared last night that I'm not sure how long I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment